Saturday, December 8, 2007

Owww.

So, I wore a pair of shoes (boots with heels) this weekend that I haven't worn in a while and I ended up taking them off after a couple hours because my toe was bothering me. I've had this pain before so I really didn't think anything of it. Monday and Tuesday go by and it still irritates me, but no biggie. Go to work on Wednesday and by the end of the work day, I'm hobbling around like a gimp and people are looking at me funnily. What the heck?

Turns out I broke my sesmoid bone in my foot (tiny bone right beneath the base of the big toe)! The doc said it may have been an old injury from my running days that was just re-irritated by wearing those damn shoes, because it looked like where the bones were split apart, part of it was rounded instead of jagged, indicating that this rounded part may have started to heal itself. Okay, so am I ever going to be able to get back to running again??? And, um, it's kind of hard to do the job of a physical therapist with a broken foot bone! Luckily, I'm wearing this walking boot and I have nice co-workers that are going to help out with difficult (hard to lift) patients. As for chasing Liam around the house when Joe's at work or out of the house, I guess I'm on my own with that one...

2 comments:

DaBabs said...

Oh no! hat did the doctor say about running again?

andrea said...

It should be fine, I just need to have custom made orthotics now which my crappy insurance doesn't cover. But no more big boot after only 2 weeks, yay!