Saturday, October 11, 2008

Weekend sans Liam


For our 5th anniversary, Joe planned a weekend for just the 2 of us at a B&B in Sheboygan Falls. What's in Sheboygan Falls, you ask? Well, the village of Kohler, a quaint little town where Kohler bathroom fixtures are made (I'm pretty sure they make more than just that, too). Sheboygan Falls itself has an adorable little downtown area with historic landmarks (our B&B was one of them), cute shops and the greatest department store you've ever seen right downtown- racks of toys to clothing to toiletries - sort of the Target of the, well, the decade before there was a Target. We also dined in Sheboygan and took a tour of the Blue Harbor Resort Hotel/Waterpark on the lake (okay Liam wasn't completely out of our minds - at least mine) and fantasized about owning super cute houses in Sheboygan for CHEAP! By the way, this is the first full weekend I've been away from my nearly 2-year-old son. I was definitely ready for this. Joe took a great pic of the river (whose name escapes me right now) right near our hotel. Oh! And I convinced Joe to go to a Haunted House - the Dominion of Terror. Great name, huh? And no, he was not comforting at all, nor were we the oldest people there which I was pretty sure we were going to be. We later visited a local brewery called the Hops Haven, formerly Port Washington Brewery, were we played some shuffled board (I won) and Joe was able to take home some brew- I think the Cherry Stout was his fave.

No comments: